Code of Conduct
See also Team:Conduct for the team charged with handling these issues.
Code of Conduct aka Guidelines
We are committed to making SHA2017 an inclusive and welcoming event for everyone. To accomplish this, we have one very important rule:
Be excellent to each other!
To help us achieve this excellency, we've set ground rules that define what kind of behaviour we consider to be unacceptable during SHA2017. Setting these rules makes it crystal clear what we expect from the people attending our wonderful event. They also help us to facilitate an event where everyone can feel comfortable, included and can fully engage in everything we have to offer.
Everyone who visits SHA2017 is required to abide by this code of conduct, both at the event and on any online channels. We will not tolerate harassment of participants or discriminatory behaviour of any form. Specifically:
- Do not engage in homophobic, racist, transphobic, ableist, sexist, or otherwise prejudiced behaviour.
- Do not harass people. Stalking, unconsented physical contact, or unwanted sexual attention is harassment. Dressing or acting in a certain way is not consent.
- SHA2017 is a shared space, but every participant's personal space is their own. If you are asked to leave someone alone, or to leave their village, you must respect this.
- Some attendees may not want to be filmed or photographed. Always ask for permission first and respect their wishes.
- Aggression and elitism are not welcome — nobody should be afraid to ask questions.
If you break these rules, we may expel you from the event without a refund, and we may ban you from future Dutch events.
If you are being harassed or witness a breach of this code of conduct, you can get in touch with us in the following ways:
- Find us in the Silent Lounge.
- Find a member of event staff and let them know. All our volunteer staff are briefed on how to contact Team Cohesion.
- Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to specifically speak to a certain gender, please specify this when you contact us.
- Call the on duty Team:Cohesion person on +31644877471 (24 hours)
Finally, SHA2017 takes place in an area with beautiful nature all around. We expect everyone to treat the venue with the utmost care and respect. We will not tolerate any kind of vandalism against nature, this includes littering. We are guests in nature, and everyone is expected to act as such.
If you have any comments or queries, get in touch with our Cohesion team at email@example.com.
This Code of Conduct is heavily based on the Code of Conduct (if not copied verbatim) from our friends at EMF and Bornhack.