Logistics |\/|337 december 2016
- Date: Dec 15 2017
- Location: Revspace
- Present: Juerd, Maxell, Sebastius, Maeddoc, WinSCaP, Knorrie
- Location definitive? Unclear.
- Budget, status: unknown. Juerd submitted a budget draft to Finance (update: multiple times) but we haven't seen response yet.
- Terrain Layout: Map at http://sha2017-map.redlizard.nl/ for now. Not much too see yet. Redlizard says that interested people from Logistics can join map meetings to think along with the terrain layout.
- General feeling is that the orga is silent, not much is happening. Do we need to worry? Or are things actually happening, but is communication about it severely lacking?
- Maxell: my summer holiday starts 1.5 week before SHA.
- Rental discussion thread on the ML, initiated by Attilla: "How to organize big rentals?" Knorrie brought up some ideas, teams need to cooperate a bit, and that needs to be coordinated. Update: during next big orga meet (Jan 28), there will be a meeting about this, to get the ball rolling.
- It's unclear to us if Orga/Projectleiding got the message that we're not doing shuttles any more.
Planning / deadlines
- Beginning of April 2017, every sub team needs to:
- have a clear plan
- be actively working together with other teams to execute the plan
- have contracts with suppliers that are ready to be signed
- If a sub team did not manage to get its shit together at that time, then it's the last chance to rescue it by interfering.
- Knorrie: Ask Redlizard about map meetings
- Knorrie: Push Team Arrival/Departure idea once more. (covering shuttles communication)
- WinSCaP: General idea: "I they have it at one of the shops in this fixed list of five shops, you can get it". E.g. Action -> Hornbach -> IKEA -> X -> Y
- WinSCaP: Initiate meeting WinSCaP + Knorrie to review all preparation material from OHM
- WinSCaP: Get copies of receipts of shopping runs done during OHM, to improve preparations. (EelcoH)
- Juerd: Warehouse tracking system focus will be on the essential functionality at the warehouse only. Everything extra is a nice to have.
- Update (2-Jan-17): Maeddoc moves from subteam Waste to Off-site. Yay!
- Still looking for a second subteamlead here, Vacancy is still on the orga wiki vacancy page.
- Knorrie joins this subteam
- Manduca braindump: https://lists.sha2017.org/pipermail/logistics/2016-December/000078.html
- Manduca, Knorrie: create a plan.
- Sebastius has been gardening in the subteam wiki page, and starts bugging other teams with info and questions.
- Plan needs to be finished. Just needs to be done, no impediments, but hasn't been done yet.
- We have a contact at a supplier, which is very convenient. The idea is to choose the right equipment and rent everything there, so less complexity and gezeur with borrowing things.
- Update: Zarya left the orga
- Subteam status unclear, worrying. Nothing happened yet.
- Maxell has a tendency to jump in to get things done.
- Idea: ask scouting for repeaterplan and other info, because they already have a lot of been-there-done-that.
- Who? Get the subteam active. Do something. Make a plan. Act.