The booklet should be a mini wiki with necessary information for somebody who find itself without internet and needs some help, either to get started or with an emergency.
Also a link to the corresponding wiki for more information should be given.
This booklet is handed out to everyone on site after ticket validation.
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Safety & First Aid
- 3 Rules
- 4 The campsite
- 5 Nature and nearby villages
- 6 Schedule
- 7 Talks and workshops
- 8 Communication & Help
- 9 Field
- 10 Infrastructure
- 11 Old
Welcome to Still Hacking Anyway, happy to see you!
Please take some time and read through this booklet. You might find it very rewarding, as there is a lot of practical information collected to help you on your merry way. In case of questions, you might find answers on the wiki: wiki.sha2017.org, or visit the Info Desk at the location on the map somewhere further down in this booklet.
SHA has been organized by your peers, friends and unknown other hackers: people, like you, who have chosen to dedicate a lot of their time to create something we can love. Please feel welcome to contribute to the camp by doing a few angel shifts or just start helping out wherever you can. Like the rest of life and all other hacker camps around the world: this camp is what you make of it, so let's have a great time together!
Safety & First Aid
In case of an emergency
- Fire: you may use gas-powered stoves and barbecue grills. Please also bring a fire-extinguisher. You can not make open fire.
- Camping only on the fields (not between the trees or on the marked paths)
- You may sell, in limited amounts, things related to your interests. No food or beverages, or other stuff that's restricted under Dutch law.
There is a field next to the terrain where you can fly drones. This is above flowers field, on the left where you entered the camp.
In recent months/years the drone regulations have become somewhat stricter. These rules can be summarized as:
- Only fly during the day
- Maximum height is 120 meters
- Grant passage to other air traffic
- Be able to see the drone when in flight
- Don't fly over crowds and the campsite
- Know your drone, it's quirks and hardware
- Respect privacy (camera drones)
- Fly responsibly and careful
See more at: https://www.drones.nl/wetgeving/
Written out CoC and phone numbers. Please consult our Code of Conduct.
Press and privacy
- Car parking, Is monitored all day/night.
- Basic camping information
- Camper area
- Animals (Dogs)
- Where you can put your tent
Nature and nearby villages
Forests, Zeewolde, Beaches, etc...
Build up/Tear down
Talks and workshops
Wondering what to do during the event?
- Self-organized Sessions
Visit a village as a guest, or be part of one.
Volunteering: be an angel
Hacker camps are always for and by hackers. We expect everyone to help each other out.
You can help for a few hours or as long as you like with any of the several jobs.
Communication & Help
The Info tent is your central point of contact. Here you can find a number of desks:
- Info desk, for general topics
- Volunteer desk, if you want to contribute a few hours of your time in keeping SHA excellent
- Badge desk
- Tickets & entrance, for questions relating to your ticket, including letters of attendance
- Speaker desk, for speakers
For technical questions regarding the phone- or networksystem, visit POC or NOC respectively.
Take a look at the map
- Drinking water
Toilets & showers
Where to leave your garbage
- Moving around the camp
- Allowed transpotation on the camp
- Get connected
- Power (see also rules -> electricity)
- Map on back (of if terrain to big, in center
- Most important phone numbers and wifi access codes on the front
- No more than 1 page per subject
- A6 format, not a lot of pages, large font
- Only most important stuff there
Need to be there
- Small word of welcome
- Safety & security rules (also regarding habor, childrens village?
- Camp rules (noise limit, waste, showers, etc)
- Call for volunteers
- Power connection
Nice to have
- Short list of highlight/things to explore (track tents, showers, camfires)
- Explanation of villages
- Explanation of tracks
- Public transportation
- Where to get money