Meeting Productiehuis 20160427 Mumble Meet with c3voc
|Meeting Productiehuis 20160427 Mumble Meet with c3voc|
|Name||Mumble meet together with c3voc|
|Start At||2016/04/27 21:00:00 - 2016/04/27 22:00:00|
|Main Subjects|| Two main subjects
|Organizer||Vision / Oscar|
Raw notes: "https://pad.sha2017.org/p/productiehuis-2016-04-27"
- 1 Productiehuis meeting 2016-04-27 - 21:00
- 2 Notes
Productiehuis meeting 2016-04-27 - 21:00
Agenda / Main subjects
- Understand what c3voc has to offer for audio, lighting, streaming, video and broadcasting for stages and radio
- Work on our objectives
- What do we want to achieve
- Which teams to we need for what
- What cool ideas do we wish to embrace
- Extend or decrease objectives
- Only if time permits: Wiki structuring, but this is very meta. :-)
Online participants: Dave_o, geekabit, derpeter, felixs, jwacalex, masterbase, MaZderMind, raven, v0tti, Bix, bigred, vision
From c3voc: v0tti, derpeter, felixs, MaZderMind, raven, masterbase, jwacalex
- Accepted the scope of the Productiehuis team.
- Moving forward with c3voc to align their inventory with SHA needs.
To be decided and Actions
- For larger rooms at CCC conferences, three camera's were used and other video-mixers. To invest in the community and not in rental companies, SHA must consider to buy video equipment, like a third capture card.
- Radio recording, needs, ideas, needs brainstorming sessions. Aim is to coordinate as much as possible and explore VOC gear to be used here for streaming and publishing pipeline.
- Calculate recording space per tent and at SHAVOC
- Where to store the files after the event for 3 months (original full day recordings)
- Create a SHAVOC to Room communication system (could be DECT or VoIP) for direct communication.
- Build local video relay or remote to use the upstream bandwidth
- Provision a CDN. Ask Nikhef or FeM for options.
Core orga decisions and actions
- Heralds: Being part of Productiehuis or Content? It's not about the connection, it's about who manages and assembles the activities around the heralds.
- RF Frequencies and license management. FM, Microphones, TV or other transmitters, Wi-Fi, etc
- Brenno can help with the FM license paper work. Must check with core-orga/sanity where in the organization all license paperwork is to be stored. (centrally or per team)
- Advise: Orga must coordinate: https://www.agentschaptelecom.nl/onderwerpen/zakelijk-gebruik/programme-making-and-special-events-pmse/draadloze-microfoons (dutch)
Special inter-team interaction
- Coordinate with Infrastructure: to build a SHAVOC room near NOC.
- Coordinate with Logistics: Request UPS-systems for specially selected gear
- Coordinate with NOC: about dedicated VOC network requirements.
Decision on scope
The scope as set on the Team:Productiehuis main stage has been accepted. As per today, this is: Does=Stage:
- stage lights
- video (equipment and streams)
- audio stage
- desks on stage
- herald organization (option/needs choice)
- equipment radio station
- radio license
- Content Delivery Network
- the stage itself (the physical thing)
- stage decoration (plants, etc.)
- radio content
Simply put: c3voc: Does not have lighting, stage equipment, PA, nor beamers.
VOC now has 4, but will grow to 5(6) room-cases (1 camera, 1 encoder, 1 mixer laptop, framegrabber, a/v-cabeling, ip-telephone, network equipment), one audio case.
- default 2 camera SDI inputs, 3 camera's can be done with hardware upgrades.
- At large conferences
- ATEM Video-Mixers + Scanline Converters + Scaler (Image Pro)
- Smaller Conference
- Frame grabbers.
In the past there were various issues with video streaming and recording; recordings were lost. Let's try to eliminate this problem.
The goal is to make very, very sure to not loose recordings again, includes Radio
- 6 to 8 Tracks
- Big oppertunity to have all pieces (like Stage Lightning) in one Group
- Organizazion of Headset and Microphones
- At least 2 Receivers per Hall: 1 Headset; 1 Handheld
- Better have some spares to carry aroung, in case one breaks or there are two speakers on the stage
Discussion on Mixer setup
- Plan to have Compressors, EQs, Filters for each Input
- Plan to have enough AUX-Sends to bypass EQs
- VOC owns 1× http://www.qsc.com/live-sound/products/touchmix-mixers/ - satisfies all of these dependencies
- At the CCC-Congress the Audio is mixed by House Technicians on their fixed installed Mixers
How c3voc does it: audio and video
Per hall at least:
- 2 receivers
- mixing console
- laptop input
- 2 headsets+tx
- 2 handheld
- 4 reveicers
- digital desk
- 2 audience mics per hall
- laptop input
- 4 people operations.
- Smaller tracks: 1 person per track, 1 camera, optionally audio
- Bigger tracks: one per camera, switcher 1, audio 1.
Setup detail on Video
- recording, streaming, mixing, etc are organized from the room and anticipated network breakdown.
- video processed in room and streamed from the room. Can handle 3 days of de-centralized stores. Continous recording! Extra 2x 3TB disks.
- lazy sync (rsync) to encoders for releases for all rooms.
- Action: Calculate extra space, ~70-90 MBit/s recording * 10 hours = 0.5h TB (per day per Track) <- worst-case calculations
- 3 months after the conference => keep original file.
- Action: Organize a Phone system from VOC (central) to the Rooms for 1 to 1 communication.
- Action: create VOC room. Stream from local relay.
- Action: (later) re-check CDN broadband. 5Mbit for HD. 1Gigabit ~= 200 viewers.
- Team:Power: UPS per room. (for encoders, projector, ...), and one for radio. Facilities should be on a generator seperate from the camping area.
- NOC request: 1 Gigabit request per room to VOC central. 10Gbit/s. Dedicated network. Ask for UPS. Dedicated network is preferable.
When nature is calling
Think of Thunderstorms and what to do in case of => (ability to throw consumers of the network without cutting power to the tents. Ensure that the following device are able to perform a graceful shutdown:
- Stream capture devices in the rooms
- Beamers, as they REALLY need to cool down for 5 minutes to save the light and the LCD.
Beamers / projectors
Consider LED panels or big beamers (see stitch on rainbow island)
Radio / TV
Details to be decided; brainstorming stage for now. Needs brainstorming.
Going to Orga meeting 30-4-2016
- Bix (plans to get answer on herald question) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
geekabit is a bit broken (overworked, stressed out), so very limited time / energy available for the team right now. Can someone please take over as 1st line contact / teamlead?
Vision volunteers for this role.